On 8/29/07, Ralph Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
Hi

> Are there any recommendations on whether to install onto 32 vs 64 bit Linux?
> We're going to be using virtual machines.
In addition to Ron's question I'd be curious to hear about
the hardware platform and intended use of the database.

So far my gut tells me that high-performance databases
(or Linux/Unix servers with high average work-loads) don't
really offer themselves to virtualisation that well, specially
when you throw lots of disk I/O into the equation.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

       match