On 9/3/07, Rob Kirkbride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am on a Linux platform but I'm going to need some pointers regarding
> the cron job. Are you suggesting that I parse the dump file? I assume I
> would need to switch to using inserts and then parse the dump looking
> for where I need to start from?
The question is: how complex is the data you need to
extract?  I guess where I was heading was to run a
select with the interval Scott described from psql into
a file, and then copy-from that into the analysis database.

However, if the structure is more complex, if you needed
to join tables, the parsing of a dump-file may be an option,
even though (always retaining a weeks worth) might make
that into quite some overhead.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

       match