At 1:32 AM +0100 10/10/07, Gregory Stark wrote:
"Owen Hartnett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Such that the final table has additional subtotal rows with the aggregate sum of the amounts. I'm thinking I can generate two tables and merge them, but is
 there an easier way using a fancy Select statement?

Unfortunately the fancy SQL feature you're looking for is ROLLUP which
Postgres doesn't support.

I think you would have to do

(
select id, code, amount from foo where code < 10
union all
select null, code, sum(amount) from foo where code < 10 group by code
) order by code, id

Perfect.  Just what I was looking for.

Thanks!

-Owen