On 17/02/2008, Phoenix Kiula <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But this is kind of sitting there, hogging the command prompt. Is
> there any way I can let it go on in the background?

Ouch ... no, that's entirely my fault, wasn't quite awake I
guess, and hadn't thought it through completely ... that's
not going to give us the desired result...

Try this:

for z in `seq 1 3600`; do top -b -d 1 -n 1| awk -f top.awk; done | tee topoutput

Not sure whether it's going to give us the desire granularity of time...

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.