Shu Ho wrote:
> do you clean up the server file by removing them
> use
>
> find $logfile -mtime +$NUMBER_DAYS_TO_KEEP  -type f -print
> -exec rm -f {} \;
>
> in postgres ?

I do it similarly, but I don't use "-exec", I rather pipe the results
of find into something like "xargs rm -f" for better performance.

> How to remove the archive log files in postgres ? is the same
> way as remove backup files and server log files ?

Yes.

Just make very sure that you don't delete any archived WAL files
that you might still need - say, to resort to an older backup if
your most recent backups failed or the tape got eaten by mice
or whatever.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe