-----Original Message----- From: Adrian Klaver
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:06 PM
To: Bob Pawley
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Restore problem

Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:51 PM
To: Bob Pawley
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org

On Tuesday 28 December 2010 6:41:51 pm Bob Pawley wrote:

> > Bob
>
> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian.kla...@gmail.com
>
> This is the plain text dump file through pg_admin dump. But the plain
> text dump fie through psql restored in the same way.

I am not following. psql cannot create a dump file. It can however be
used
restore a plain text dump file created by pg_restore. I think you are
going
need show the steps you took.

I used PGAdmin to dump the June version and pg_dump mydb > db.sql to dump
the May version.

Both came out with the same problems.

Bob

What program are you using to look at the plain text file?

Notepad

Bob

Open the file in Wordpad and see if it looks better.

I downloaded an sql editor and it looks the same in it as well.

At least the editor will make it easier to fix the problem. However I would like to know what happened so I can avoid it in the future.

Is the compressed file a better way to dump??

Bob
--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@gmail.com