The last log entry was two hours before I attempted to dump.

Bob

-----Original Message----- From: Raymond O'Donnell Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 10:44 AM To: Bob Pawley Cc: raghu ram ; Postgresql Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Postgredac Dump
On 13/05/2011 18:30, Bob Pawley wrote:
Hi Raghu
Thanks for the site.
I am still having problems.
The following downloads a file of 0 bytes.
begin
PSQLDump1.DumpToFile('E5R', 'C:\PDW\E5R');
end;
(E5R is the database name.)
The Dump component points to a viable database.
I left the schema and tables empty as I understand that doing so will
dump the whole database.

Hi Bob,

I've only recently started using that component set, and haven't tried the pg_dump one yet, so I'm only guessing, but it sounds as if something is going wrong at the server end - maybe an authentication problem? What does the PostgreSQL log say?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
r...@iol.ie