I'm relatively new to postgres. I've got a Visual Basic (VB) application that i would like to connect to a Postgres database using ODBC . Both the VB application and postgres are on my laptop and both work beautifully independent of each other. Trouble is, I have a windows 7 64bit OS and therefore I have been unable to get VB to connect to the database. My code is as follows:

    Public Class Form1

        Dim cCon As ADODB.Connection

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

            On Error GoTo EH

cCon.ConnectionString = "DSN=MyDatabase;uid=MyUserID;pwd=MyPassword"

            cCon.Open()
            MsgBox("O.K.", vbInformation, "Connection Message")
            Exit Sub
    EH:
            MsgBox(Err.Description, vbCritical, "Error Message")
        End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
            cCon = New ADODB.Connection
        End Sub
    End Class

When I try to connect, all I get is a "Server does not exist or access is denied" error. I've tried configuring ODBC using odbcad32.exe as it seems that is necessary on a 64 bit OS, but I'm not sure if that even the right way to go.

Any help i could get would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff