Tom Lane wrote:
John R Pierce <pie...@hogranch.com> writes:
On 06/14/11 2:40 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
The development environment I'm working with uses short-lifetime sessions, and it's proving difficult to get a set command and a query associated with the same handle.

this environment doesn't support even a transaction?

Sounds kinda broken :-( ... but maybe Mark could wrap the operations
he needs into custom functions.

Is always a possibility. The problem is that particular component I'm using conflates the open and issue-query operations and has an implicit transaction, the developers are aware that this has undesirable implications.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk