Vincent,

The original question can be summed up by "how is general performance of
PostgreSQL on Amazon IOPS". I fail to understand why that would require me
to explain the specifics of my application and/or my market. The only one
asking for that information is you, while others have provided useful
answers, for which I am very grateful.

p.s. My name is not "dude" or "seb", we have not raised the pigs together

Sébastien