Hi Bhanu,

Yes, below is the faster approach to follow.

I don't know if that helps, but have you tried creating a template database
> and doing DROP DATABASE xxx; CREATE DATABASE xxx TEMPLATE mytemplate;
> instead of restoring a dump every time?
>
> Maybe that is faster.

If you are trying to take the dump from one cluster and restoring it in
another cluster, then make sure your pg_restore use parallel option "-j"
and also follow the parameters what Raghav said and tune WAL_BUFFERS to
some 32 to 64 MB value. And also if possible, keep your dump file into
another partition than the PGDATA which can improve the I/O balance.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Dinesh
manojadinesh.blogspot.com