On 02/12/2014 09:41 AM, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to restore a database dump using pg_restore with the
following parameters:

pg_restore -h 127.0.0.1 -U _postgresql \
   -c -d postgres --exit-on-error \
   my_dump.backup

Note I used "\" to wrap the command, but the real one does not have
those.

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 3156; 2606 432226 FK
CONSTRAINT fkidturno postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  relation
"public.turnodocumento" does not exist
     Command was: ALTER TABLE ONLY public.turnodocumento DROP CONSTRAINT
fkidturno;

Why is this happening?, should I change the command I'm using to create
the backup?.

Did you look in the restored database to see if everything is correct or not?

What version of pg_dump did you use to do the pg_dump, the 8.4 or 9.2 one?

It is recommended that you use the later version to dump older databases as it can deal with any changes that have occurred.

To backup the database I'm using:

pg_dump -Fc -h 127.0.0.1 -U postgres mydb > my_dump.backup

P.S.: the original db is PostgreSql 8.4, the target is 9.2

Regards,

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@gmail.com