Le 01/08/2014 09:28, David G Johnston a écrit :
Pujol Mathieu wrote
Le 31/07/2014 20:38, Kynn Jones a écrit :
I want to implement something akin to OO inheritance among DB tables.
The idea is to define some "superclass" table, e.g.:

(BTW, one could use PostgreSQL built-in support for table inheritance
to implement something very much like the scheme above.
Unfortunately, as explained in the documentation, there's no built-in
support yet for enforcing uniqueness across multiple subclass tables.)

Maybe you can use inheritance.

So the foreign key constraint will be on the sub_template avoiding two
row of sub_x to reference the same foreign key.
This is just an idea I let you check for syntax.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/ddl-inherit.html
Regards,
Mathieu
You should read Section 5.8.1 (Caveats) of the page your referenced. Or the
"BTW" in the OP which reiterates the salient points.

David J.

You are right, I didn't saw that.
So ignore my previous message. Or maybe for future release like the documentation says.
Mathieu

--
Mathieu PUJOL
Ingénieur Réalité Virtuelle