On 9/17/2014 5:02 PM, cowwoc wrote:
As far as I understand it, this is the end-user's problem (to be documented) as opposed to a development problem. As far as I know, the jni.h files should be compatible with all other JDKs on the same platforms so you only need to release one DLL/SO per platforms (like you would if this was plain C) and it is then up to the user to make sure the Postgres process has the right JRE DLL/SO in its PATH.

This shouldn't be too technically difficult to pull off.

right.

wait, which user? the java user/developer who typically hasn't a clue how system-level stuff functions or operates, or the postgresql database administrator, who probably hasn't a clue how java works internally ?