On 05/21/2015 11:56 AM, Steve Crawford wrote:
On 05/21/2015 10:45 AM, Paul Jungwirth wrote:
You really shouldn't use WITHOUT TIME ZONE.

I'd like to know more about this. Can you say why?

Start by reading about the date and time data types with special
attention to section 8.5.3:
www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/datatype-datetime.html

Now go back and read it again and experiment a while until it makes
sense. As Adrian Klaver so eloquently put it, "If I have learned
anything about dealing with dates and times, is that it is a set of
exceptions bound together by a few rules. Every time you think you have
the little rascals cornered, one gets away." This is also a very good
reason to avoid reinventing the wheel.

The check is in the mail:)

Cheers,
Steve