On 06/24/2015 07:43 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andomar <ando...@aule.net> writes:
We've set up an include directory in postgresql.conf:
      include_dir = 'conf.d'

The include directory has a file that changes the value of
"max_connections".

Now when we reload Postgres, an error appears in the logs:

-----
parameter ""max_connections"" cannot be changed without restarting the
server
configuration file ""/var/lib/pgsql/9.4/data/postgresql.conf"" contains
errors; unaffected changes were applied
-----

But max_connections did not change before the reload.  It is just
overruled in an included configuration file.

This is fixed in 9.4 and up.  Since it's just cosmetic, we did not
back-patch the change.

So is the below the cosmetic part?:

"
configuration file ""/var/lib/pgsql/9.4/data/postgresql.conf"" contains
errors; unaffected changes were applied
"
Just for my edification. If an include file contains a different value for a setting that can only be changed on restart, Postgres is supposed to throw out the restart message?

                        regards, tom lane

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com