Your problem is the use of SELECT *

You need to be specific about which columns you are selecting from
macro_lookup
and what names you want to give them. Since you have not provided us with
the full structure, I can only suggest something like

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW sample_macro AS
SELECT sample.col1 as viewcol1
              m1.col1       as viewcol2,
              m1.col2       as viewcol3,
              m2.col4       as viewcol4,
              m3.col7       as viewcol5
FROM sample
LEFT JOIN macroscopic ON query_srpnt_sample.samp_id = macroscopic.sample_id
LEFT JOIN macro_lookup AS ml1 ON ml1.macro_lookup_id = macroscopic.grain_id
LEFT JOIN macro_lookup AS ml2 ON ml2.macro_lookup_id = macroscopic.lustre_id
LEFT JOIN macro_lookup AS ml3 ON ml3.macro_lookup_id =
macroscopic.translucency_id
WHERE samp_id is not null;

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you