On 24/02/2016 09:20, John R Pierce wrote:
On 2/23/2016 10:57 PM, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
Of course it is. You can install PostgreSQL via packages, via ports or manually. I prefer the manual way and have been doing so for many years. FreeBSD peculiarities will start to bite (maybe, maybe not) once you start entering territories like threading, but you are far from that from what I gather.

postgres doesn't use threading, so there shouldn't be any issues there ....

I was referring to projects like pljava.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead