On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 6:28 AM, Lucas Possamai <drum.lu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> hmm.. thanks for all the answers guys...
>

> One more question: Those IDLE connections.. are using the server's
> resources?
> To solve that problem I would need a Pool connection, right?
>
> Would the pool connection solve that IDLE connections? But more important
> than that, are the IDLE connections using the machine's resources ?

Yes. There is no straight way to terminate the IDLE connections from the
database end. You would need a connection pooler like pgBouncer which can
help you terminate IDLE connections after a certain time.

It would be much better if your Application can terminate connections to
the database.

Regards,
Venkata B N

Fujitsu Australia