On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Nicolas Paris <nipari...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> AFAIK there is no built-in way to combine full text search and fuzzy
> matching
> (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/fuzzystrmatch.html).
> By example, phrase searching with tipos in it.
>
> First I don't know if postgresql concurrents (lucene based...) are able
> to do so.

Usually, https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/pgtrgm.html is used
for this.

> Second, is such feature is in the road map ?
>
> Third, I wonder if it is a good idea to use the postgresql synonyms
> feature for such prupose.(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/
> static/textsearch-dictionaries.html)
> I mean, building up a synonyms dictionnary containing tipos. By eg:
>
> postgres        pgsql
> postgresql      pgsql
> postgrez        pgsql
> postgre         pgsql
> gogle           googl
> gooogle         googl
>
> There is multiple way to build such dictionary. But my question is about
> the implementation of dictionnaries in postgresql: Is postgresql
> supposed to take advantage of billion entries dictionaries ?

dictionary is just a program, so it's  up to developer how to write
efficient program to deal with billion entries. Specifically to synonym
dictionary, it's not intended to work with a lot of entries. btw, have a
look on contrib/dict_xsyn dictionary, which is more flexible than synonym.