On 6/8/2017 5:53 PM, marcinha rocha wrote:
Hi guys! I have the following queries, which will basically select data, insert it onto a new table and update a column on the original table.

I'm sure your example is a gross simplification of what you're really doing, but if that's really all you're doing, why not do it all at once, instead of row at a time?

BEGIN;
    insert into tableb (id) select id from tablea;
    update tablea set migrated=true;
COMMIT;

thats far more efficient that the row-at-a-time iterative solution you showed.