On 06/09/2017 02:01 PM, armand pirvu wrote:

On Jun 9, 2017, at 3:52 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com> wrote:

On 06/09/2017 01:31 PM, armand pirvu wrote:

By temporary tables I mean just regular table not tables created by "create
temporary table" . I should have been more precise. We call them temporary since we
do drop them after all is said and done. Maybe we should change the way we call them

You will want to look at this before making that decision:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-createtable.html

Temporary Tables

Basically, temporary tables are session specific.

9.5 but considering I can track what auto vacuum does I was thinking to use
that as a reason to the upgrade advantage

It is nice, you just have to weigh against what effect the other changes:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/release-9-6.html

might have on your setup.

--
Adrian Klaver