Am 19.06.2017 um 03:02 schrieb Patrick B:
Hi guys.

I just wanna understand the effective_io_concurrency value better.

My current Master database server has 16 vCPUS and I use effective_io_concurrency = 0.

What can be the benefits of increasing that number? Also, do you guys have any recommendations?

as far as i know, at the moment only bitmap-index-scans would benefit from higher values. You can try 16 or 32 as starting point.
(if you have a proper io-controller with cache)

(it has nothing to do with parallel execution of queries)

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com