Muhammad Hanif Abdul Hamid wrote:

> Maybe an irrelevant question, but I would like to know if there anything
> from postgres process (e.g any parameter that is not set right) that might
> remove the postmaster.pid?

If using Linux, you may put it under watch with

# auditctl -w /path/to/postmaster.pid  -k pgpid

If that records too many events, it can be filtered further, for
example this should catch only deletions:

# auditctl -a exit,always -F path=/path/to/postmaster.pid \
    -F arch=b64 -S unlink -S unlinkat -k pgpid

Once in effect, the records about which process/user/command
deletes the file and when would be obtained with:

# ausearch -k pgpid

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité