Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com> writes:
> On 07/04/2017 01:29 PM, Rainer J.H. Brandt wrote:
>> Good to know.  I removed those options and tried again.

> Did you run make clean before re-running ./configure?

Personally I do "make distclean" before changing any configure options.
I'm not sure how much difference that really makes, but why waste brain
cells chasing such issues?  Build cycles are cheap.

The whole thing's odd though --- certainly many people are building
PG successfully on macOS.  There's got to be something unusual about
Rainer's build environment, but what?

                        regards, tom lane