I'm sorry. dotConnect for PostgreSql is able to set the schema at connection time. This may be set as part of the connection string, or as a dbconnection class' property.

i was in doubt because the version I'm using is somewhat old, but decompiling it shows the property in place.

So, I will close this thread.

Thanks to all who answered. I acquired some new knowledge.