>>We are using PostgreSQL 9.3.14 on a managed Amazon RDS with a

>Are you using reindex concurrently? There was a bugfix in 9.3.16 (+-1, i'm not
>sure).

Hi Andreas, not that I'm aware of. I issue "reindex table mytable" to get out
of the bad situation. I'm not sure if you are saying this bug could be getting
me into the situation. If you don't mean that I am manually executing reindex
concurrently, how do I go about determining if the system is using that
procedure? Perhaps after some transaction, the system rebuilds the index
automatically using "concurrently" and that is buggy/failing?

Thanks.

/Daryl