On 16/08/2017 13:46, Alex Samad wrote:

On 16 August 2017 at 16:16, Michael Paquier <michael.paqu...@gmail.com
<mailto:michael.paqu...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Alex Samad <a...@samad.com.au
<mailto:a...@samad.com.au>> wrote:
    > 1) why did it fill up this time and not previously
    > I add this
    > archive_command = '/bin/true'
    > wal_keep_segments = 1000 # <<< I'm guessing its this
    >
    > 2) how do I fix up, can I just remove the files from the pg_xlog directory

    Don't do that. those files are managed by Postgres so you may finish
    with a corrupted cluster. Instead you should lower the value of

Too late, its okay its a learning experience.

    wal_keep_segments, reload the server parameters, and then enforce two
    checkpoints to force WAL segments to be recycled. Note that this

how do I force check points
checkpoint ;
(the ; is not meant as a smiley or whatever )

    depends also on the values of checkpoint_segments
    (max_wal_size/min_wal_size in Postgres 9.5 and onwards).
    --
    Michael

thanks

--