Red Hat (and most other RPM based distros) split libraries into "runtime" and "development" halves. In order to actually compile software against the libraries, you must install the development half. So, to compile against readline, you must also install the readline-devel RPM.

Daniel E. Fisher wrote:
I get an error during config I have redhat 7.2.  readline library and Zlib
library not found...they are installed with the latest version how do I fix
this?

-Dan

-- __ / | Paul Ramsey | Refractions Research | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Phone: (250) 885-0632 \_

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster