Tom Lane wrote:

Jeffrey Melloy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I attempted to install 8.0 RC 2 alongside 7.4.5 on my OS X box, but initdb failed with an error about not enough shared memory.

Don't forget that both shmmax and shmall may need attention ... and, just to confuse matters, they are measured in different units.

regards, tom lane

I didn't realize that they were different units. Setting shmmax to 268435456 and shmall to 65536 works fine.

Thanks,
Jeff

     joining column's datatypes do not match