Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:
Joshua,

Is there any difference between a catalog and a cluster? As in, are you saying a separate postmaster per user, as Tom Lane suggested in the post I referenced earlier in this thread?

No difference. Yes as Tom Lane suggested. It also helps with migration.
If a customer moves servers (or upgrades to dedicated etc..) you just
stop the database, move it (as long as it is the same arch) and start it back up :)

Off-hand, do you (or anyone else) see any showstoppers with the implementation I laid out involving a bit of mucking with system catalogs and the schema search path?

I honestly didn't read through the whole thing. It looked like a whole
bunch of administrative trouble to me ;)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Thomas F. O'Connell