Greg Stark wrote:

Well, I just added to TODO:

        * Allow VIEW/RULE recompilation when the underlying tables change

Is dynamic view a industry-standard name?  If so, I will add it to the
TODO.

"DYNAMIC" is something I made up.

"ALTER VIEW RECOMPILE" is Oraclese but I'm not sure what we're talking about
here is exactly the same purpose. I'm not sure it even does anything in Oracle
any more. It used to be that *any* DDL on underlying tables caused view on
them to become invalid and produce errors until they were recompiled. I think
that's changed and "recompile" may be a noop now on Oracle.
It's still necessary in Oracle 9i. Any time a table is changed that has a view on it Bad Things Happen.

Jeff

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster