Like I said it's a research project. There is a feature that I'm trying to add to optimizer, but this feature should only be used when a join is a foreign key join.

Hossein

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

I would be interested in knowing "why" you want to do such a thing? What
is it you expect to gain?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

The planner doesn't think there is any such thing as a "foreign key
join".  Perhaps you should modify the foreign key triggers (in
ri_triggers.c) to collect the information you need.

            regards, tom lane

               http://archives.postgresql.org

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq