Any one of the binary packages should allow that ... if you are looking at Windows, check out the pginstaller project on http://www.pgfoundry.org ...

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Samik Raychaudhuri wrote:

Hello Group:

Is there any 'portable' version of PostgreSQL for Windows? By 'portable' I mean, I can just unzip files, run the initdb and then run the postmaster and I get a temporary database server running on port 5432 and accepting connections?

Thanks.
-Samik

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664