HFS is the filesystem richard was tlking about. I am not familiar with this file system but i guessed it was HFS+ that he was talking about.
yes, i understand all modern filesystems are Hirearchical file systems.

thanks,
vish

On 11/4/05, Douglas McNaught <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
vishal saberwal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Did try finding something about HFS for ext3/xfs but in vain. The
> information i found was the conversion between these file systems.

What exactly do you mean by HFS?  All modern filesystems are
hierarchical.

-Doug