Hi.  I am curious how/why the Pg 8.1.1 build on Solaris

        SunOS $hostname 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250

chose LATIN9 charset as default.  Of course we can override this and
might if there's a good reason move to LATIN9 as default.

Afraid though of having anything go flakey  when we import the
original DBs with LATIN1 encoding.

I saw a message already during an import to the effect of "can't do
conversion"...

Thanks