On 05/08/2006 06:42:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
"Karl O. Pinc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I'm having trouble with a dump and restore:

Um ... it looks to me like you're trying to restore into an existing
table that already has the same data loaded ...

Thanks everybody, the problem was in the schemas and my default
search path.  Somehow when upgrading to 8.1.3 I wound up with
the public schema put back into all my databases, and my
search paths of the databases set back to the default $user,public.

I can see how the public schema got there, this time I did not
delete the public schema from template1.  I'm not so sure about
the search path.  Obviously, I did not do my pg_restore properly
when reloading databases.

Karl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein