Mark Walker wrote:
It's sort of a matter of taste, but there are lots of people who like to keep there logic on the server or at least within sql statements, so there's probably a good sized market that your not reaching if you ignore it.

That is a good point, I and many developers I know like to keep all the business logic on the server in stored procedure and functions and having this ability as a native part of Postgresql would be a huge advantage. DBlink is a decent workaround,but it becomes a pain having to wrap everything with the dblink syntax, plus there is a little bit of overhead involved creating a connection over TCP/IP to run a query on the same server. DBlink is great when you need to connect to a different server though.

Later,

--
Tony