Ron Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Am 15.02.2007 um 11:21 schrieb Marc Evans:
>> These *peeeeeeep* [deleted] compared MySQL with MyISAM to ACID compliant
>> databases. So why not compare an F-15 to 747? What? Apples and Oranges?

> Bad analogy.  Both the F-15 and 747 are high-performance (within
> their problem domains) and have redundancy out the wazoo.

I think it's a fine analogy, precisely because they're both good in
their respective problem domains.  Try to carry 500 people from Los
Angeles to Tokyo in an F-15.  No?  Try to win a dogfight in a 747.  No?
But they both fly, so it must be useful to compare them...  especially
on the basis of the most simplistic test case you can think of.  For
extra points, use *only one* test case.  Perhaps this paper can be
described as "comparing an F-15 to a 747 on the basis of required
runway length".

                        regards, tom lane