The sad reality from what I have observed is that unless more people gain those skills and want to work in ops, it's becoming very hard for me to justify recommending postgresql for enterprise (or larger) scale projects.

What do others  do and/or experience?

I think there are people around, but maybe they don't want to move etc.

If a PostgreSQL job where ever to show up in Milwaukee, I would apply for it in a heartbeat.

Another thing is this, how hard could it possibly be for a MS SQL DBA or Oracle DBA to pick up using PostgreSQL? I don't think it would take a decent admin of any database to come up to speed in a very short time as long as they were interested in doing so.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend