John DeSoi wrote:

On Jun 7, 2007, at 4:03 PM, Richard P. Welty wrote:

at the day job, when we switched from paypal (who we found very undependable) to authorize.net, we were very pleased to discover that authorize.net would take care of the credit card numbers for us, so we didn't have to try to secure them beyond
the usual requirements while the numbers are in transit.
Can you provide a pointer to the documentation where you set things up for repeated future transactions against the same card?

i will ask the developer who set it up. i do know that we're handling monthly recurring credit card billing via authorize.net in a very reliable way with no card numbers on any
of our systems.

richard

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend