On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 8:37 AM shveta malik <shveta.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

I thought about whether we can make standby_slot_names as USERSET
instead of SIGHUP and it doesn't sound like a good idea as that can
lead to inconsistent standby replicas even after configuring the
correct value of standby_slot_names. One can set a different or ''
(empty) value for a particular session and consume all changes from
the slot without waiting for the standby to acknowledge the change.
Also, it would be difficult for users to ensure whether the standby is
always ahead of subscribers. Does anyone think differently?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.