On 23.04.24 07:14, Sutou Kouhei wrote:
Hi,

I'm proposing a patch that making COPY format extendable:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20231204.153548.2126325458835528809.kou%40clear-code.com
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/4681/

It's based on the discussion at:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/3741749.1655952...@sss.pgh.pa.us#2bb7af4a3d2c7669f9a49808d777a20d

IIUC, you want extensibility in FORMAT argument to COPY command
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-copy.html. Where the
format is pluggable. That seems useful.

Agreed.

Ditto.

But my proposal stalled. It it acceptable the feature
request that making COPY format extendable? If it's not
acceptable, what are blockers? Performance?

I think that thread is getting an adequate amount of attention. Of course, you can always wish for more, but "stalled" looks very different.

Let's not start a new thread here to discuss the merits of the other thread; that discussion belongs there.