On Sunday, April 28, 2024, Alexander Lakhin <exclus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When we deal with mixed ownership, say, bob is an owner of a
> partitioned table, but not an owner of a partition, should we
> allow him to perform merge with that partition?

IIUC Merge causes the source tables to be dropped, their data having been
effectively moved into the new partition.  bob must not be allowed to drop
Alice’s tables.  Only an owner may do that.  So if we do allow bob to build
a new partition using his select access, the tables he selected from would
have to remain behind if he is not an owner of them.

David J.