On 2020-11-18 06:06, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 10:14:10PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
Michael Paquier <mich...@paquier.xyz> writes:
I don't think that this is a requirement for this thread, though.

Agreed, I'm not trying to block this patch.  Just wishing
there were a better way.

Okay.  I have tweaked a couple of things in the patch and applied it.
I am wondering if libreadline gives the possibility to implement an
optional grouping of words to complete, but diving into its
documentation I have not found something that we could use.

To me the code looks like a prime candidate for "data-driven" refactoring.

It should be redone as generic code that reads a table of rules with
params and then checks and applies each. Thus the repetitive code would
be replaced by a bit more generic code and a lot of code-free data.

--
Best regards,

Tels