Tom Lane wrote:
"Merlin Moncure" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
That said, we have been a little dismayed in the lack of comment.

Personally, I'm ignoring this thread, as well as the one on
partitioning, because I'm up to my arse in 8.3-release alligators.
I'm going to try hard not to think about any 8.4 development issues
until 8.3 is actually out the door and we branch for 8.4 development.

I can't say how many other people are equally pressed for time ...
but seeing the minimal attention that seems to be getting paid to
open 8.3 issues, it doesn't look to me like the community as a whole
has a lot of spare cycles right now.

                        regards, tom lane

Thanks for the heads up. We had a feeling the 8.3 crunch was a factor. We don't want to slow that down because we were are waiting for 8.3 to perform yet another mysql to postgresql migration :)

andrew

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate