Tom Lane wrote:

That's exactly what I'm strongly suggesting.  If you need to include
libpq-int.h at all, then your library will be forever fragile, and could
very well end up classified as "don't ship this at all, it's too likely
to break".

                        regards, tom lane

I see your point, and it has a lot of merit. We am completely open to hearing how this can be solved.

How do we duplicate a result object and customize many member values after the dup?

Do we create a PGresultInfo struct containing all members of a result object that gets passed to "PGresuolt *PQresultDup(PGresult *source, PGresultInfo *info);"? Maybe it has a flags member that indicates which PQresultInfo members contain values that should override the source result.

Any suggestions? This is where we are stumped. Everything else has several solutions. We are not debating this anymore, we are trying to implement it.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC