On Oct 2, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Robert Treat wrote:
select pg_relation_size(tablename) from pg_tables;

since pg_tables is presented as a more user-friendly option to something like pg_class this might be something more widely used, plus we don't have the easy way out of just telling them to use the oid instead like we do with
pg_class.

It would be really nice to have the table OID in pg_tables. That was one of the driving forces behind the pg_newsysviews project.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  [EMAIL PROTECTED]