Andrew Chernow napsal(a):

It would probably be useful to nail down the supported platforms, have a list somewhere of the oldest ones: oldest solaris, hpux, irix, aix, sco, etc...

I ran into a few --enable-thread-safety problems, Magnus fixed the cygwin build already. hpux 10.20 and solaris 2.5.1 were both broken. Sounds like there is no interest in supporting hpux 10.20, not sure about solaris 2.5.1 realeased in 1996.

I don't think so that there is interest to fix it for solaris 2.5.1. Everything older than Solaris 8 is not officially supported (exclude timezone updates which are available for old systems) and Solaris 8 is in EOL mode.

Anyway solaris 2.5.1 runs only on old HW and I don't see any benefit to run new PostgreSQL version on hardware with small harddisk and memory.

                Zdenek