On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Kurt Harriman wrote:

Actually I did email this to the list with 4 separate diffs in
4 separate attached files.  I don't know why it appears all
massed together at http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers.

Thanks for being so attentive. Your e-mail was fine, the archives just mash multiple text-based attachments tagged as Text/PLAIN together like that, as does my mail reader. 1522 lines of only renaming in part 1, no wonder I gave up.

I see you've already started re-sending the individual parts as separate messages; that's nice for initial casual browsing of them, but will get boring for everybody if you do that every time. If you've got more than one text file to attach, for future updates you might consider a tar archive of them to keep them running together in the archives. Once you're putting stuff into an archive, might as well compress it too, particularly for a patch of this size.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD